The House-to-House Project Fund supports dynamic civil society-led projects to address specific and local human rights challenges. In implementing these projects Human Rights Houses and their member organisations have opportunities to work with other Human Rights Houses and broader civil society organisations and actors in their communities and countries.
Read about past projects supported by the Fund.
Eligible project countries
HRHF welcomes applications for projects which address relevant human rights issues in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and/or Ukraine. HRHF welcomes all Human Rights Houses, their member organisations as well as organisations and actors from outside of the network to apply for funding.
Eligible applicant organisations
The House-to-House Project Fund 2021 is designed to support collaborative projects which benefit Human Rights House network partners (Houses and members of Houses).
To qualify for support, project partners must be:
- A Human Rights House or a member organisation of a Human Rights House
and, one or more of the following:
- Another Human Rights House
- A member organisation of a Human Rights House
- A civil society organisation, actor, individual from outside of the network
Human Rights Houses and member organisations of Human Rights Houses can only be main applicants in 2 projects. They can, however, join projects where another organisation is the lead partner.
In 2021, HRHF will prioritize applications for projects in eligible countries which specifically focus on one of the following topics:
- Advocacy related to the freedoms of association, assembly, or expression and the freedom to be a human rights defender. This may include efforts to strengthen domestic policies and legislation, increase accountability of local authorities and institutions, and/or strengthen international mechanisms and standards.
- Promotion and protection of the freedoms of association, assembly, or expression and the freedom to be a human rights defender in an eligible country.
- Human rights education and awareness raising, including through involvement of youth or professional groups.
- Protection of human rights defenders and human rights organizations.
HRHF will prioritise support to the projects which include one or more of the following components:
- Propose new partnerships, including with individuals, movements and actors beyond the network and traditional human rights organisations, also actors working outside of the capital cities
- Impact the human rights situation across Eastern Europe and/or the Caucasus;
- Propose cost-sharing or in-kind contributions by applicant organizations (i.e. – meeting room space, accommodation in House-owned premises, co-funding, etc.; and,
- Make use of existing resources within the network of Human Rights Houses, such as reports, exhibitions, booklets, education material of ILIA programme, etc.
In addition to specific items necessary to implement the project (such as, but not limited to, workshops, conferences, travel, materials production, translation), applications may include the following costs:
The application may include salary costs if the nature of the project is heavily dependent on human resources.
Overhead and other administrative costs
Office rent and other overhead costs may be included if necessary, for project implementation. Additional project administration costs, such as accounting or project management, may also be included.
Please note: applications may not include funds for commercial activities, activities not related to the project, or contingency funds.
Deadlines / How to apply
HRHF will consider applications four times in 2021. Application deadlines are:
- 17 February 2021
- 16 April 2021
- 14 May 2021
- 4 June 2021
- 1 September 2021
Please allow a 4-week application handling time when planning the starting date of the project.
To apply for funding, please send the following documents to email@example.com.
Questions, including questions about specific application ideas prior to proposal submission, may also be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.