The Grants Coordinator will be part of the Administration and Finance Team and based in one of the strategic countries of HRHF’s work (Ukraine, Belarus; Moldova, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Armenia).
This role will have a particular focus on post-award grant management and compliance of HRHF’s national partners. Within this scope, the Grants Coordinator will provide consistent support and advice to partners, verify and quality-assure control and reinforcement of all aspects related to the effective grant management and contractual compliance, as well as provides input for the capacity building program for partners, and facilitate audits.
- Starting date: 1st of June 2021
- We are offering a contract for 2 years
- Part of a dynamic and international team
Supports start‐ups of partner projects
- Review sub-grantees’ grant proposals, negotiate and analyse cost for consistency and reasonability
- Prepares partnership and sub-granting agreements, making sure that they comply with HRHF’s and donor requirements
- Facilitate and review budget/work plan modification requests and coordinate with program/project team to ensure changes align with planned activities
Sub-grants Finance and Compliance:
- Monitor implementation of partner projects to ensure the implementation process is in line with grant agreements, highlight major implementation issues to relevant project/program team
- Ensure timely and correct submission of all partners’ financial and narrative reports in accordance with subgrant agreement terms
- Review payment requests from sub-grantees’ to ensure amounts requested are reasonable and in line with the sub-grant agreement terms of payment, deliverables/milestones completed and approved
- Check all expenses in financial reports to verify sub-grantees’ compliance with their policies, donor regulations and the sub-grant agreement requirements and to ensure that expenditures are allowable, allocable, and reasonable
- Track sub-grants in financial tracking systems (Survey Monkey) and update on project status the relevant partners and stakeholders
- Monitor the procurement implemented in compliance with donor requirements and Code of Conduct.
- Review and validate solicitation documents drafted by sub-grantees as required in the sub-grant agreements.
- Advice partners’ procurement staff on best procurement practices.
- Provide updates and reports on sub-grants activities to Program teams and Senior Grant Manager
- Support Program teams during the close‐out of partner agreements, provide guidance on required steps and approval process
Provide input to Program teams on what training in grant management and project administration partners need, collect and replicate best practices in the areas for improvement.
Qualifications / skills / knowledge
|Knowledge, skills and abilities||
About Human Rights House Foundation
Human Rights House Foundation (HRHF) envisions a world in which everyone can freely and safely promote and enjoy all human rights. Empowered human rights defenders and strong and independent civil society are key to this vision.
Human Rights House Foundation establishes, supports, and connects Human Rights Houses – coalitions of civil society organisations working together to advance human rights at home and abroad. Today, 17 Houses in 11 countries are united in an international network of Human Rights Houses.
Together, we advocate for the freedoms of assembly, association, and expression and the right to be a human rights defender. These four rights underpin a strong and independent civil society and protect and empower human rights defenders.
HRHF is an international non-profit organisation headquartered in Oslo with an office in Geneva and representation in Brussels and Tbilisi. HRHF holds consultative status at the United Nations and participatory status at the Council of Europe.
Apply now, Deadline 17 May 2021
To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV here.