- Ambassador Borys Tarasiuk, Permanent Representative of Ukraine to the Council of Europe
- Mariia Mezentseva, Chairperson of Ukrainian Delegation to PACE
- Yevheniia Kravchuk, Member of Ukrainian Delegation to PACE, Committee on Equality and Non-Discrimination, Member of Ukrainian Parliament
- Tamila Tasheva (online from Kyiv), Permanent Representative of the President of Ukraine in the Autonomous Republic of Crimea
- Tetiana Kurmanova, Crimean Human Rights Group
- Anastasia Martynovska, Regional Center for Human Rights
- Leviza Dzhelyalova (online from Kyiv) wife of Nariman Dzhelyal, political prisoner and first deputy of the Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar People
- Olena Tsyhipa, wife of Sergiy Tsyhipa, the abducted activist from Nova Kakhovka (Kherson region)
Moderated by Nora Wehofsits, Human Rights House Foundation
Organised by Zmina, Crimea Platform, and Human Rights House Foundation.
This side-event to the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE) will provide an opportunity to hear about Ukrainian human rights organisations’ new broad-spectrum research, and their monitoring and documentation efforts on human rights violations in Crimea. It will include information about the current intensified politically motivated persecution, as well as the human rights implications of the increasing militarisation of the peninsula. The event will focus on further steps for CoE member States to support Ukrainian human rights defenders, civil society, and citizen journalism in Crimea.
The event precedes the parliamentary dimension of the Crimean Platform – First Parliamentary Summit of the International Crimea Platform, which will be held on 24- 25 October 2022 in Zagreb, Croatia. Therefore, it seeks to engage PACE members, who signed the Statement of Ukrainian Delegation on the Crimean Platform initiative.
PACE members supporting this event: Ms Mariia Mezentseva, Ms Yevheniia Kravchuk, Mr Emanuelis Zingeris, Ms Inese Lībiņa-Egnere, Ms Krista Baumane, Mr Indrek Saar, Mr Eerik-Niiles Kross.
Council of Europe member state delegations supporting this event: Ukraine, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia Interpretation will be provided.