CMS - Center for Peace Studies
CMS was founded in 1996 in Pakrac, Croatia. It promotes non-violence and social change linking it to education, research and activism. CMS has grown from various shapes od direct peace building in West Slavonia (Volunteer project Pakrac, 1993 – 1997).
Contact:+385 1 482 00 94
+385 1 482 00 94
Street address:Selska 112a
Postal address:10 000 Zagreb, Croatia
Center for Peace Studies (CMS) is non-governmental and non-profitable organization that promotes non-violence and social change linking education, research and activism. CMS has grown from different shapes of direct peace building in Western Slavonia (volunteer project Pakrac, 1993.-1997.). The Center is founded in Pakrac in 2006.
Aims of CMS:
- Develop the culture of dialogue and non-violent living;
- Encourage creative exchange of theoretical and practical approach to peace education, transformation of conflict and building of social justice via study programs, training and public presentations;
- Research of issues related to permanent peace building and peace education, with particular focus on the experiences from Croatia and the region;
- Develop recommendations for public policy development;
- Encourage networking and exchange of experiences on peace building in Croatia and more broadly, in the region which was under conflict in year 1991;
- Provide information, support and partnership to all local initiatives at their start, which activities are related to peace building;
- Affirm activistic approach to local communities;
- Continual self-education of members of the CMS, advancing their own understanding of peace work;
- Initiatives of new models of education and self-education;
- Inclusion into international network of Centers for Peace Studies.
- APEO / UPIM - Association for Promotion of Equal Opportunities for People with Disabilities
- B.a.B.e. - Be active, Be emancipated
- CMS - Center for Peace Studies
- Documenta - Centre for Dealing with the Past
- GOLJP - Civic Committee for Human Rights
- Svitanje - Association for Protection and Promotion of Mental Health