APEO / UPIM - Association for Promotion of Equal Opportunities for People with Disabilities
APEO provides information, educational and professional technical (operating) support in the quality of life of persons with disabilities, as well as in social and humanitarian activities and advancement and protection of interests of persons with disabilities, everything with the goal of attainment of the equal opportunities.
Contact:+ 385 1 4812 004
+ 385 1 4812 004
Street address:Selska 112a
Postal address:10 000 Zagreb, Croatia
APEO is an independent, volunteering, non-party organization, which as an association for persons with disabilities provides information, educational and professional technical (operating) support in the quality of life of persons with disabilities, as well as in social and humanitarian activities and advancement and protection of interests of persons with disabilities, everything with the goal of attainment of the equal opportunities. For ensuring creativity and independence of activities, the great importance is given to joint work with other organizations of civil sector and the influence on generating of systematic solutions for attainment of human rights of persons with disabilities in Croatia.
APEO can associate with other organizations of persons with disabilities, that is, with associations of civil sector which work in the field of the welfare, assistance and rehabilitation of persons with disabilities in Republic Croatia, in order to through joint projects and programs in partner relationships contribute to attainment of equal opportunities for persons with disabilities.
Goals of APEO:
- Tracking everything what is important in the life and for the quality of persons with disabilities
- Encourage attainment of equal opportunities of persons with disabilities through organized action in solving problems and conducting programs, projects and actions.
- With positive examples from practices to participate in recommendation of shaping legal rules with the aim of protection of interests of persons with disabilities, recommendation of systematic solutions on care, and formation of fundamental prerequisites for equalization of opportunities for persons with disabilities.
- Not to allow any appearance of discrimination among persons with disabilities, and struggle for social justice and establishment of equal rights based on the same kind and level of disability within the unitary system of social care.
- Making preconditions for as much as possible faster and complete socialization and as much independent as possible living of persons with disabilities.
- Making an information system which is sustainable and of a good quality (publishing of newsletter, intern bulletins, public media, etc) and follow and use technological innovations in communication (web pages, portals).
- Collaborate with governmental and other bodies and with local subjects on particular questions of importance for solving problems of persons with physical disabilities and their families.
- Collaborate and exchange experiences with similar associations in the country and the world by using the newest means of communication.
Activities of APEO:
- To identify needs and priorities for creating equal rights in conditions of equal opportunities for persons with disabilities.
- Finding ways of practical solving of problems of persons with disabilities by organizing different kinds of activities (charitable actions, projects and programs of different types of education, founding of agencies, counselling services etc.), which will contribute to better quality of life of persons with disabilities and promotion of equal opportunities.
- Come up with ideas and carry out projects and programs which contribute to the quality of life of persons with disabilities in direct solving of their difficulties.
- Organized and systematic education of proper staff and the entire public about ways of solving problems of persons with disabilities.
- Directly and indirectly participate in work of legislative and executive governmental bodies on protection of interests and advocacy of changes for improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities.
- Carry out and encourage of implementation of other activities which serve to achieve goals and tasks of APEO, as stipulated by the Statute.
- APEO / UPIM - Association for Promotion of Equal Opportunities for People with Disabilities
- B.a.B.e. - Be active, Be emancipated
- CMS - Center for Peace Studies
- Documenta - Centre for Dealing with the Past
- GOLJP - Civic Committee for Human Rights
- Svitanje - Association for Protection and Promotion of Mental Health