CURE Foundation is a non-governmental and non-profit organization that works through feminist activism, education, arts and culture, publishing, and event management, in order to spark continued public dialogue on gender equality issues that are essential for a democratic society in BiH.
Contact:+ 387 33 264 420
Street address:Dolina 1
Postal address:Human Rights House,
71 000 Sarajevo,
Bosnia and Herzegovina
CURE Foundation formally registered in December 2005, but has been active as an informal group since 2004. CURE is made up of a group of activists from the most diverse walks of life that have been working and advocating changes in the domain of human rights for many years.
CURE Foundation envisions a society in Bosnia and Herzegovina and the world where gender equality is acknowledged and represented in every pore of society, and positive social changes are achieved through collaboration and joint efforts of all individuals and organizations who are seeking to ensure that all human rights are exercised, and that women especially give active contributions to the development of a society through decision making processes and creative expressions.
Among other achievements, CURE Foundation actualized:
• Numerous street actions to mark the dates of international day to fight violence against women, women heroines’ day, March 8th, Human Rights Day, and other while collaborating with other civil BH initiatives;
• Organized Sarajevo 2006 V-Day, part of a Global campaign V-Day http://www.vday.org and also participated at the Regional V-Day in Belgrade in 2006. CURE is the coordinating organization in BIH for this respectful campaign;
• In cooperation with UNFPA BiH, we have organized conference „Violence against women in post-conflict situations, Case study Bosnia and Herzegovina“;
• Organized over a hundred workshops for women and girls as well as a series of workshops with high schools students for a broad spectrum of topics relating to gender equality, PR skills, culture of peace and healthy living;
• Organized a BH Study Visit for a German group of feminists, 2006;
• Local coordinators of the regional traveling Festival of human rights called VIVISECT in 2006;
• Founders of a highly successful first ever Festival of women engaged arts in BiH called PitchWise http://www.pitchwise.fondacijacure.org/ in 2006 and 2007, and PitchWise Week of Women Films http://www.pitchwise.fondacijacure.org/film_fest_eng.php;
• Managed trainings for various NGO's and trainings for municipal representatives: Introduction to PR and Public Speaking, Youth Policies, Human Rights and Democracy;
• Provided organizational and communication services;
• Developed a strong network on state, ex Yu, Regional, and global levels.
- Build Bridges not Walls – the role of universities in peacebuilding
- CURE Foundation
- Helsinki Committee for Human Rights in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Human Rights Education for Active Citizenship in the Western Balkans
- Renaissance - Association of Female Citizens
- Sarajevo Open Centre
- Serbian Civic Council - Movement for Equality
- Woman and Society Center