Serbian Civic Council - Movement for Equality
Serb Civic Council of Canton Sarajevo was founded in Sarajevo at the First Assembly of Citizen of Serb Nationality, held on March 27, 1994, as an Association of Citizens. It was established following principles of the preservation of a democratic, internationally-recognised and sovereign Bosnia and Herzegovina; equality of all the citizens of Bosnia and Herzegovina, with full guarantee of civic freedoms and human rights in line with the highest international standards snd full implementation of the right of all displaced and expelled citizens to return to their homes.
Contact:+387 33 200 061
+387 33 200 061
Street address:Dolina 1
Postal address:Human Rights House,
71 000 Sarajevo,
Bosnia and Herzegovina
The Assembly forwarded an Amendment to the Constitution of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina and requested a change in the Constitution’s first article which says that two peoples – Bosniacs and Croats are constituent and that Serbs fall in the category of “others”.
The Basic principles were formulated at the second and third SGV Assemblies:
• Achievement of a permanent and just peace in Bosnia and Herzegovina;
• Preservation of an Integrated and internationally recognized Bosnia and Herzegovina;
• Equality of peoples in Coexistence;
• Return of refugees and displaced persons to their home, and
• Punishment of war criminals
The declaration of Human Rights in political and national equality has been adopted on 4th Session of Assembly. It becomes platform of SGV BH activities in achieving both equality and constituency with their other nationalities within the BH territory.
The Platform of activities and development of SGV BH has been adopted on Fifth Assembly, where the Civic movement for equality was added to the appellation SGV.
The SGV – GPR established a Bureau for Human Rights. The Bureau with it’s offices placed in the town’s of Federation of BH offers assistance to the citizens in order to realize their rights, especially the right of return.
The SGV`s strategic goal in process of strengthening is BH`s reintegration and joining in European institutions.
In this sense, the SGV struggles for:
• Economic revival of the state of BH;
• Return of refugees and displaced persons;
• Democratization of society;
• Rehabilitation of inter – ethnic trust;
• Constituency and equality on the BH territory;
• Human rights protection.
Mr. Miladin Vidakovic, President
Mr. Milos Toroman, Vice President
Mrs. Mira Skert, Vice President
Ante Fijamenga 14b
71000 Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Tel/Fax: +387 33 661 854
- Build Bridges not Walls – the role of universities in peacebuilding
- CURE Foundation
- Helsinki Committee for Human Rights in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Human Rights Education for Active Citizenship in the Western Balkans
- Renaissance - Association of Female Citizens
- Sarajevo Open Centre
- Serbian Civic Council - Movement for Equality
- Woman and Society Center