Women’s Resource Center
WRCA is the first resource centre created in the post-soviet Armenia for young women, working in the area of women's human right, reproductive and sexual rights, sexual violence and women's role in the conflict resolution and peace building.
Contact:+374 94 565626
+374 60 445626
Street address:62 Teryan, ent. 5, apt. 35, Yerevan 0009, Armenia
The Women's Resource Center Armenia was founded in 2003. WRCA's main goal is to give women the necessary tools and empower them to become active citizens of the Armenian community, through education and support.
WRCA is the first NGO addressing the issue of sexual violence in Armenia against women and establishing a volunteer based hotline and crisis center since 2007 with a referral mechanism. The organisation is very active in the region of South Caucasus and addresses the issue of GBV in refugee communities from Azerbaijan and Iraq.
WRCA has a broad experience in:
- Developing GBV and sexual assault focal crisis centers in the regional cities to make it more accessible and better prepared to respond to the growing numbers of cases in the regions and the rural areas.
- Networking and coalition building both on regional and national level and has established focal points for GBV and Sexual assault crisis center in different provinces.
- Implementing an awareness campaign in local. One of the major campaigns that WRCA has implemented for the past 2 years is the Sexual Violence and harassment campaign in Yerevan.
- Advocacy and lobbying experience.
- Working in partnership with governmental institutions (since 2009, WRCA is working on amendments to the law on sexual violence of the criminal code of RoA, presently in circulation in parliament). WRCA plays active role in the interagency committee to counter gender-based violence in RA
The Women's Resource Center is a feminist organisation working with and for women. Its main goal is to give women the necessary tools and empower them to become active citizens of the Armenian community, through education and support. Our Center's model is based on the democratic participatory structure, run and governed only by and for women. Volunteerism and participation is the essential part of the on-going functioning of the center's activities. Specifically, we aim to create a safe environment for the young Armenian women and provide them with all necessary resources for developing their personal and professional abilities and be actively involved in the social, political and cultural processes undertaking in our society.
- Helsinki Association for Human Rights
- Helsinki Citizens’ Assembly Vanadzor
- Journalists’ Club “Asparez”
- Public Information and Need of Knowledge (PINK Armenia)
- Real World, Real People
- Women’s Resource Center
- “Socioscope” Societal Research & Consultancy Center
- “The Rule of Law” Human Rights NGO