Legal Education Society
Legal Education Society was founded in May, 1998. The main mission of the Society is to achieve development of legal consciousness and legal culture in the society by means of enlightenment.
12 lawyers participate in all projects of the Organization. They take part in implementation of our projects as trainers, legal experts, legal researcher, etc. More than 20 volunteers are actively involved in day-to-day activity of LES. They are all law student or young lawyers.
Volunteers usually lack professional experience, so we attract them to practical activities related to drafting of legal documents, organization of training courses and seminars, conducting survey among the representatives of legal profession.
The basic directions of the activity are rendering free legal assistance to low-income groups of the population; legal and information support to mass media and non-governmental organizations; publication of legal literature and newspaper; monitoring of legislative reforms; organizing seminars, conferences and trainings, etc.
- Association for Protection of Women's Rights (APWR)
- Azerbaijan Human Rights Centre (AHRC)
- Azerbaijan Lawyers Association
- Institute for Reporters' Freedom and Safety (IRFS)
- Legal Education Society
- Media Rights Institute [MRI]
- Society for Humanitarian Research [SHR]
- Women's Association for Rational Development (WARD)